All Smoky Mountain Vacations wedding chapels logo
Smoky Mountain Marriage Licenses

All Smoky Mountain Vacations
214 Sharon Dr.
Seymour, TN  37865

Tennessee wedding license laws are simple and affordable. You may obtain a license at any courthouse in Tennessee, including the ones in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. There are no waiting periods or blood tests. You may get married the same day as your license is issued and you may obtain your license up to 30 days prior to your wedding, however the license is only valid for 30 days. Both parties must be present to obtain a license.


Log Cabins & Chalets

Luxury Resort Rentals

Wedding Chapels

Bed & Breakfast Inns

Hotels & Motels




Pigeon Forge




Events Calendar

Smoky Mountains

Cades Cove

Views of the Smokies




Area Sports

Trolley Routes

Site Map

Smoky Mountain Links

Contact Us

RESIDENTS:  If you live in the state of Tennessee, the cost is $98.50 for your marriage license. If you attend 4 hours of premarital preparation course and present a certificate of completion, your cost will be $38.50. Cash, traveler's checks. Visa and Mastercard with a convenience fee.

NON-RESIDENTS:  If you are getting married in Tennessee and are from another state the price is $38.50 ONLY if you obtain a license from Sevier County. If you get a license any where else in the state the price will be $98.50. Cash, traveler's checks, Visa or Mastercard.

NEW PERMIT REQUIRED:  Cades Cove, Cataract Falls and the "beach" at Greenbrier have become so popular for weddings, the National Park Service now requires all couples to obtain a permit that will cost between $50.00 - $200.00 depending on the size of the party and the wedding location. Commercial wedding vendors will need a commercial use authorization.  

If your spouse has a TN drivers license and you have one from out of state you will be charged $98.50. Cash or traveler's checks only.

~ Law requires both the bride and groom to be 18 years old. If not a United States citizen, you must present a valid passport.

~ Either a valid drivers license or your birth certificate is required. 

~ If your Social Security number is not printed on your driver's license you will need to bring a Social Security card with you.

~ If you have been married before you will need the month and year of your divorce, or the date of your deceased spouse's death. 

~ If the bride has had a name change in her divorce and has not had her name changed on her drivers license, she will need to provide a certified copy of her divorce decree.

~ If anyone is under the age of 18, you must contact a office listed below to obtain the requirements for minors.

~ Sevier County Courthouse
  125 Court Avenue
  Sevierville, TN.  37862
  Open Mon. - Thurs. 8:00 - 4:30, Fri.. 8 - 5:00   

~ Shilling Center
  405 Reagan Drive
  Gatlinburg, TN.  37738
  Open Mon., Wed., Fri. 8:00 - 4:30,  Sat. 9:00 - 1:00

~ City Hall
  300 Pine Mountain Road (Behind City Hall)
  Pigeon Forge, TN.  37863
  Open Sat. 9:00 - 5:00

All Smoky Mountain Vacations
214 Sharon Dr.
Seymour, TN 37865

Copyright 2012 All Smoky Mountain Vacations - All Rights Reserved